- Workshops / Keynotes
- The Spirited Child: Secret to Success
- Sleepless in America: Is This Child Misbehaving or Missing Sleep?
- What to Do When the Kids are Losing It:
Effective Strategies for the 'Heat of the Moment'
- Challenging Child Behaviors: Helping All Children Be Successful
- Winning Cooperation and Building Strong Relationships: Even During the Tough Times
- Discipline Strategies that 'Fit' Each Child
- Challenging Behavior or Stressed-Out Kids?
- Changing Behavior - Changing Lives You Make a Difference
- Spirited Infants: Why Temperament Matters When Helping Infants Get the Sleep They Need
- Ready for Kindergarten and for Life: Helping Parents Make a Critical Decision
- Sleepless in America: Working with Parents to Protect Childrens Sleep
- Emotion Coaching and Self-Regulation:
Secrets to Preventing Challenging Behaviors and Promoting Independence
- Managing Different Temperaments in the Classroom
- Raising Your Spirited Child
- Kids, Parents and Power Struggles: Secrets to Effective Discipline
- Creating Calm Families in a Fast Paced World
- Customized Presentations
Why do some children immediately tell you about their day, while others reply with a one word answer or no answer at all, leaving you to wonder if you have even been heard? Why do some want you to help them "fix" a problem, while others want you to simply listen or never tell you about it in the first place? Why do some children seem to like to talk in groups while others prefer to watch and listen?
Understanding how children process information, make decisions and re-charge is critical information for building relationships that keep you working together for a lifetime.
Join Dr. Mary Sheedy Kurcinka to learn why we act the way we do.
In this workshop you will:
- Identify your own preferred style and that of your child or the children you work with
- Learn practical strategies that will allow you to communicate and work together
- Discover effective strategies for re-charging and staying calm throughout the day
- Create a plan for success.